Advice to the public
Advice to the public (SOPs)
The generic preventive measures that include simple public health measures are to be followed to reduce the risk of COVID-19. These measures need to be observed by all; the corporation staff and the visitors:
- Individuals must maintain a minimum distance of 6 fit in public places as far as possible.
- Use of face covers/masks is mandatory.
- Practice frequent hand washing with soap (for at least 40-60 seconds) even when hands are not visibly dirty. Use of alcohol-based hand sanitizers (for at least 20 seconds) can be made wherever feasible.
- Respiratory etiquette is strictly followed. This involves strict practice of covering one’s mouth and nose while coughing/sneezing with a tissue/handkerchief/flexed elbow and disposing off used tissues properly.
- Self-monitoring of health by all and reporting any illness at the earliest to available Helplines.
- Spitting is strictly prohibited.
- We have also installed a hands-free clock in machines to avoid any unnecessary contact.
- We also emphasize public gatherings be kept to the minimum e.g. meetings which have been shifted to online